Helping communities and assisting those most vulnerable in our society is a fundamental part of RideAlong’s mission. You’re a part of our village.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our drivers’ regular routes have been suspended with school closures. We’re taking care of them — and continue to pay them their much-needed income. Further, our drivers and staff are volunteering and helping RideAlong continue to serve our communities by:
- delivering food and supplies to seniors and families in need,
- helping children get to hospitals for much-needed regular medical treatments,
- providing and delivering meals to overtaxed healthcare workers,
- assisting with rides for essential workers, and
- coordinating school deliveries for students.
We are partnering regularly with local hospitals, nonprofits and food pantries. If you know of any people or worthy organizations whom we can help with special transportation or delivery needs at this time, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The safety and well being of our extended RideAlong family is always our top priority.
At RideAlong, we have developed both temporary and permanent new procedures to ensure the safety of our riders, following all recommended official safety guidelines and adding our own enhancements. Priorities include:
- placing a smaller number of children in RideAlong vehicles to give them adequate physical distancing space;
- ensuring our drivers are available for larger windows of time;
- making permanent our COVID-19 enhanced car cleaning procedures; and
- making more drivers available to each region we serve.
We are actively monitoring coronavirus (COVID‑19) updates and are taking steps as the situation evolves to help keep our community safe and informed.
As our public officials consider how to reopen in various regions around the country, we have implemented the necessary procedures to ensure the safety of our riders and our drivers as the nation works to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The safety of our passengers and drivers is always our top priority and the coronavirus pandemic has necessitated new protocols beyond those we practice every day. We closely monitor the evolving guidelines of public health officials at the federal, state and local levels to be sure we are complying. But our drivers take precautions above and beyond what is recommended by these public health organizations. They include the following:
- Wear face masks at all times and other PPE as recommended by the CDC
- Provide hand sanitizer for both driver and passenger use
- Clean and disinfect their cars with disinfecting wipes between each ride, paying particular attention to high-touch areas such as seat belts, rear door handles, and boosters/car seats
- Deep clean the car weekly
- Are offered protective plexiglass dividers to install in their vehicles
- Confirm with RideAlong daily that they are asymptomatic and have not been exposed to COVID-19; notify RideAlong immediately if they or someone in their household have any symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 and, if so, stay home
- Wear face masks at all times
- Wear face masks at all times
- Use hand sanitizer provided by the driver once seated in the vehicle
- If symptomatic, we ask that they stay home; no one who has tested positive for COVID-19 and is still in treatment or quarantine will be allowed in the vehicle
Additionally, we ask parents/caregivers to take their children to the RideAlong vehicles and help them in if necessary, reducing exposure for both the children and drivers.
Who wants another complicated item on their to-do list? We make it easy to RideAlong.
The first step is to request a quote. Input your information in our form and we reach out within 24 hours to come up with a transportation schedule and quote that meets your needs.